Thursday, May 3, 2012

Lists

I am a list maker.  I make lots of them.  My desk at school is usually full of post-it notes and my journal is full of lists.  Before I forget, I want to save a list of the things I learned from my trip to China. In no particular order.

1. Stacking balls or stacking cups are great to bring on an adoption trip.
2.  Save a toy for the flight home.
3. Ramen noodles in a cup make an excellent meal in a hotel room. 
4.  Memorizing scripture is a good way to get through airplane turbulence, and other stressful situations.
5. Nature is good for my soul.
6.  Skype is a wonderful way to keep in touch.  There is something about seeing people's faces that makes great distance seem easier.
7.  I am very blessed by my family, my neighborhood, my church and my God. 
8. My life is usually pretty easy.
9.  There are a lot of people in China. 
10. Joe is a wonderful husband and father. 
11.  Eat as much as you can at the breakfast buffet.
12. It is not so fun to have a sick child in a foreign country.
13.  Things in China are expensive.
14.  In Guangzhou, shop at Jenny's Place on Shamian Island.
15. Papa Johns in China tastes exactly like Papa Johns in the US. 
16. Wal-Mart gives me the same headache in China as it does at home, but I still went.  Twice.
17.  It takes about a week to get over jet lag.
18. People are much happier when they have enough food and sleep.
19.  Children who have not had many choices in life can be overwhelmed by too many of them.
20. Losing control of things can cause a child to try hard to control small things such as diaper changes, sleep, and food.
21. Kids are resilient!
22.  It sure is nice to be able to drink the water that comes out of my faucet.
23. Our family has been blessed by a sweet, funny, charming little boy.  He has changed our lives and hearts forever!
24. There is no place like home.
25. God is good.

2 comments: